Tuesday, October 16, 2018

For You

 I have done this card for My Sweet Petunia (MISTI), Team Tuesday blog post and thought I would share it here too.
 I have used deco foil with the background leaf shadow, and it does not like to be photographed. 
 The above picture is the closest picture that I managed to get to show what it really looks like, so if you like foil, you will like this project.
 In my mini Misti I stamped the background stamp using versamark embossing ink and heat embossed using white embossing powder. While it was still warm, I put the foil over the top and ran it through my laminator, as suggested by Jennifer McGuire. I think the next time I may try embossing with gold embossing powder to see if this makes a difference in photographing. 
I then die cut the panel with my wonky stitched die and attached it to my teal card base.
 I put the coordinating stamp in my Misti, stamping and heat embossing with a Vintage Mint embossing powder. So pretty.
 I then sponged the leaf with cracked pistachio, evergreen bough, spiced marmalade and abandoned coral distress inks, then fussy cut the leaf.
 Back in my Misti, I flipped over the mouse pad and styled my leaf to give it some movement on my card.
I put the card back in my Misti and stamped the sentiment using Ranger Archival ink in Paradise Teal. I also wanted some splatters of gold paint, so I made a cover from photo copy paper, and splattered away. This way I don't have to worry about getting ink on my card base. If I had done the panel before attaching it, I would have to wait for it to dry completely ... who has that kind of time, right?
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial today, and would like to thank you for visiting.

Sunday, October 14, 2018


This card is my sample for the Splitcoaststamper Clean and Simple Challenge this week, which is to use only a stencil and a sentiment. 

I am using a yet to be released stencil and sentiment die for this card. I love both of these, so I wanted to give you a sneak peek. Watch for the Frantic Stamper release coming in November.
I used colours for this card that blend well into each other, so the eye sees only a slight difference. The impact comes from the stark white background, and the love sentiment.
I started by sponging on distress oxide inks, first in lemonade, then added abandoned coral and finished with candied apple. I die cut the sentiment, the love word using cardstock, and the shadow using white glitter cardstock. For the love word, I sponged on the abandoned coral and added the candied apple to the bottom of the word.
I really love this look, and I hope you do as well. 

Thank you for visiting my blog today.

Boo to You

 I think it shows that I had a lot of fun making this Halloween card. I am using dies and a stencil from Frantic Stamper's Autumn & Halloween release. 

I first did an alcohol ink background using some darkish colours along with silver mixative. 

For the gate and pumpkins I die cut from watercolour paper and painted with distress inks. I used black soot, rusty hinge, pumice stone and faded jeans to do the fence, and carved pumpkin, black soot, peeled paint and candied apple to do the pumpkins, along with some Wink of Stella.
I attached the fence and pumpkins using foam dots. I then die cut my top with the semi-circle die and stenciled on the bats using black soot and the boo using wilted violet. I attached the top panel using fun foam to my dark purple card base to finish.

Thank you for visiting today.

Saturday, October 13, 2018

Room for You

It took me "forever" to mask all of these birds to stamp them, then colour them, but I think it is delightfully cute, so worth the effort.

 This card came about from the inspiration challenge at Splitcoaststampers today, where we visited a site called Redbubble. What fun it was to visit this site, and I found loads of inspiration. But, anyone who knows me will know I love birds, so you will not be surprised to see that I picked this tote for my card today.
The colours are darker on the tote, and I wanted to keep my card on the bright side, so I opted for more vibrant colours, colouring with Copic Markers. For my white space, instead of leaving some of the birds with white faces, I opted for white space in between the stamping. 

I die cut my bird panel with the stitched rectangle die, and matted with black, then attached to a red frame that I die cut with the rectangle sweetheart die.
I finished my card by stamping the sentiment on some vellum, which I also had cut with the stitched die, and attached to my card panel using vellum tape. 

I hope you enjoy this card as much as I enjoyed making it, and thank you for visiting my blog.

 USA and Canadian Site Links

Sunday, October 07, 2018

Give Thanks

 I made this card as my sample for the Clean and Simple Challenge at Splitcoaststampers, for which I am also hosting.

It is Canada's Thanksgiving on Monday, so I have asked participants to make cards reflecting blessings and/or giving thanks.

I have kept my card very clean, using only a die cut leaf and sentiment stamp. I previously made some alcohol ink backgrounds, and it was one of these that I used to die cut my leaf. I had used gold deco foil on the background, and thankfully some of it ended up on my leaf. 
 I kept bits of the leaf cuts in the leaf, which also act as a spot for my foam squares to hide. I stamped the sentiment using Ranger's Archival Vermilion Ink, and finished with a few sequins in gold and burgundy.
I am happy with this CAS card, it is a treat to make such a clean card. I hope you have enjoyed this card as well, and thank you for visiting my blog.

Back to Top