Friday, August 04, 2017

Thanks

For my card today, I used up some of the blown ink background that I featured on my card yesterday. Instead of using my design for a background I used it for die cutting. As it is acetate, I used my steel plate for cutting to ensure a good crisp cut. It would be very difficult to see the cut lines otherwise. 

This card is for another of the Dare to Get Dirty challenges at Splitcoast. Although the details of the challenge are a secret, you can read all about the fan club here

I can tell you that I wanted this card to be entirely different from my card of yesterday.  I first attached vellum to black cardstock, then die cut the piece using my steel plate, to get the negative of the die in the piece, then attached to my card base. I die cut the blown ink pieces and attached them in the negative. The sentiment is cut using the same black cardstock and I added a few sequins, which could easily be left off for a more masculine look if one prefers. 

I hope you enjoy this card and thank you for visiting my blog today.
Products: Frantic Stamper Linked Hexagon, Simon Says Stamp Thanks Die, Alcohol Inks Sailboat Blue, Citrus, Lettuce, Butterscotch, Raspberry, Neenah Cardstock, Vellum 40lb., Paper Garden Black Cardstock, Sequins, Vellum Tape.

2 comments :

Papercraft Boutique said...

oh, I love this card as much as your featured card from yesterday, Kia! The black frames enhance all the bright and beautiful colors in the hexagons! Hideko

Vikki Burgett said...

I had to read the instructions a few times, I think I understand. No matter what it is perfect and beautiful!

Back to Top